Well, I finally finished my first Biscornu. it is many small squares that I filled with DMC varagatied purple floss (number unknown) Blackwork patterns.
Each one is an experiment going from very little fill to dense fill. Each of the squares is 14x14 squares on 14 count Adaia (did I spell that right?) so each is one inch square. The finished size is aproximately 5x5 inches and 1 1/2 inches high.
The buttons are a small green topped with an even smaller light purple.
I used up some of the materials that I had on hand to make this item. It may not be perfect, but I am very happy with my experiment.
For my next Biscornu I will probably stuff it a bit more. I like the way that it squishes right now, but my next one will be used as a pin cushion and therefore will be made much firmer.
I am a mother of four who is rediscovering my passion for all things creative. I stitch, cross-stitch, needlepoint,embroidery, crochet, knit, quilt, and sew some of the items for my home. I enjoy decorating with the items that I fashion with my hands.