"Great minds discuss ideas;
average minds discuss events;
small minds discuss people."
Eleanor Roosevelt

January 6, 2010

long day

I spent the better part of my morning sitting and waiting at the Syracuse VA hospital. I knew that it was going to be a LONG wait so I went prepared. I have been working on redwork blocks for the "Snowfriends" Quilt, designed by Lynda Howell,  from the Nov/Dec issue of Quiltmaker magazine. I get to combine two of my favorite pastimes together into one (three) lovely wall hangings.

I absolutely LOVE my snowmen! I finished up one of the larger blocks and my doc was actually so nice as to tell me how much she liked my work. It is amazing to me that so many people are stitchers (or married to them). I have had so many lovely conversations with people about my work and what they are working on, are going to start, and what they have just finished. I love it.

You are going to have to wait for a pic of my finish (I have an actual WIP...LOL). I got home after noon and snuggled into my recliner and started to stitch another (the same???) block but in blue this time. I want to make three of the quilted wall hangings...one red, one blue, and one in color. I have my work cut out for me.

I should be in bed right now, but my arms both hurt. I got 2 shots...H1N1 and pnemonia. I'm greatful that I am able to get these, but at the same time I wish they wre not necessary! Ah, Well, my health is the most important thing. I need my strength to stitch.

Sweet dreams,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment