I have been playing around with Hardanger. Mostly it is because I have a bunch of fabric laying around that I am trying to use up; It is also because I have been wanting to learn to do it for a long time. This piece is my own design using up bits and pieces of purl cotton and a piece of fabric of unknown origin.
I appologize for the fuzziness of the pictures, I am not a photographer by any stretch of the imagination.
|Heart Motif at ends|
|Detail of edging|
|Detail of Center Motif|
- I am learning a new needleworking skill set.
- The rythum and flow of the stitching is very calming and let my mind relax.
- The feel of the fabric and the way it contrasts with the feel of the purl is a subtle variation.
- It develops rather quickly (I finished this piece in less than 3 hours over two days).
- I like the fall color scheme.
I hope that everyone enjoys their time with Family during the Thanksgiving holiday (at least it is here in the USA). Don't eat to very much, savor every bite and every moment.