"Great minds discuss ideas;
average minds discuss events;
small minds discuss people."
Eleanor Roosevelt

February 18, 2010

Pin Pillow Exchange

I am taking part in teh pin pillow exchange that is being hosted by BeckySC over at Becky Bee's Stitching Hive. I am looking forward to taking part in my very first exchange. I am having a hard time trying to decide what I will stitch up for this exchange.  I am going to have to buckle down and just pick something from my collection of magazines and books that will make a sweet pin pillow. I hate making decisions like this without knowing the person.

 Since I have started Blogging I have been fortunate enough to win a give away from Shell over at Tales from the Raspberry Rabbit. You can see posts about Mr. Rabbit here. I have still not decided where to place Mr. Hippy Hoppy Rabbit. My SM(Sweet Man) has taken to calling him TR, short for Traveling Rabbit.

In quilting news I am cutting the bands for both my blue and red "Snowfriends" wall hangings. With all the snow that we have had fall her in CNY (Central New York) I am feeling like putting them up for a bit. However, I want to get them done so that I don't feel guilty for not finishing them. My UFO's and WIP's are piling up. I have two Advent count down calanders and two other christmas items that I purchased for 75% off after Christmas. These 4 items are tucked away in a clearly labled box to be pulled out around October for finishing.

Speaking of the clearly labled box...I am striving to become more organized. My DM is a neat freak and I have a tendancy to leave things around the house. I do not want to drive him away so I am trying to curb my messy ways. I have been doing Flylady for about 4 years now and I am slowly taming my clutter and am to the point where I am mostly living with the things taht I love and use. She has helped me so much. If you do not know her go over to her website and check her out.

No new pics here, I haven't done much other than start to cut strips for the, above mentioned, wallhangings. The snow and cold make my joints ache and at times it is really hard for me to get moving. I am looking forward to Spring!!!! I will probably still be hurting but at least I will be able to sit out on the frount porch and soak in some sunshine as I drink my tea and do some stitching. I do miss the sunshine!

Well, enough of my bellyaching...I hope that you are all warm and cosy and getting to spend a bit of time on your stitching

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what you choose for your exchange. When I need to make major decisions like that, I use the old "eeny, meeny, miney, mo" method...
    Happy Stitchin'...
    Carolyn
    http://www.stitchopedia.com
    An encyclopedia of needlepoint stitches…

    ReplyDelete