"Great minds discuss ideas;
average minds discuss events;
small minds discuss people."
Eleanor Roosevelt

February 24, 2010

DD #2 graduated.

Last night my DD#2 graduated from her Dental Assistant program. It was a short ceremony...for which I am grateful! We were in and out within 45 minutes. Now all she has to do is find a job! She has had two interviews at an Oral Surgery practice. That is always a good sign. Please send up a little prayer for her to get a job...wether it is that one or another. That is my good news.

My not so good news...my DD#1 called in the middle of the ceremony. She is in the military. She found out when and where she is heading. I'm not going to say where or when...Loose lips sink ships...gotta love cliches. She does get to come home for several days prior to shipping out. That is a god send. I am a basket case. I know that she has to do her duty. After all, she was the one who signed up knowing what the situation is in the world.

As a mother I am terrified. As a Veteran I understand the duty aspect of it all. None of it is easy for me to accept. This is after all my baby girl. She will always be my baby...any mother knows exactally what I mean. All I can do is be here for her no matter what.


Okay, I have that off my chest. I just needed to rant. Thank you for taking the time to visit. I hope you all have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. way to go Courtney.. Im very proud of you.. keep up the good work... Tammy in TN.....

    ReplyDelete