"Great minds discuss ideas;
average minds discuss events;
small minds discuss people."
Eleanor Roosevelt

March 22, 2010

Second Day of Spring

I am so glad that Spring has arrived. We have been lucky enough to have beautiful weather here in CNY. We are curently snow free (KNOCK on WOOD).
DD#2 and DS
shoveling us out after the last February snowfall.

it is amazing to me that we have gone from so much snow just a few weeks ago to this...
The first blooms of SPRING
Jack posing in the sunshine. He wasn't quite sure what to think about the fact that he could run through the yard again.


I have felt so much better within the last week. I know that a lot of it is due to the sunshine and our mini-heatwave. It was above 50 F for 4 days this last week. I still kept the wood furnace stoked since the nights were down in the lower 30's F. The daylight hours were lovely. I was able to sit out on my enclosed porch and sip my morning coffee and not freeze my tush off.

Besides enjoying the weather we were busy working on refurbishing the upstairs bathroom. DD#2 is living at home and since we had the plumbing already run up there...it was there when we moved into the house 16 years ago...we had a plumber come in and make sure that it was okay to use. It passed the inspection and we have spent three weeks updatine the fixtures. With a new toilet, a basin sink and a space-age shower I wonder if the DD will ever decide to move out...LOL I will post some pics when we have it all set up and ready to go.

For now I hope that all of you in the Northern Hemisphere are enjoying Spring like weather. For those of you in the Southern Hemisphere I hope that your Autumn is a joyful time of harvest and plenty.

Peace,
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment