"Great minds discuss ideas;
average minds discuss events;
small minds discuss people."
Eleanor Roosevelt

December 16, 2009

Feeling Blue

Well, since I last posted I have completed several small cross-stitch items. I will post some pictures once I get to the store for batteries.

It is amazing that I keep finding myself up at midnight watching the shows that I DVR'd. The Martha Stewart Christmas show was on Fine Living the other night. I love to watch her at work...If only I was as organized as she is. Sigh....some day. For now I will have to enjoy my creative clutter. I do need to get everything all picked up so that the tree can be hauled down from the attic.

I have been putting it off. I am having a hard time getting into the spirit of the season. I think that it has a lot to do with the cold, wet, blustery weather. It has been gloomy. Last Tuesday it did snow about 4 inches. It looked like a glistening jewel when I got up. By mid afternoon it had started to rain and by eaving all the snow was gone. We ended up with icy roads and a few downed tree limbs. Tis the season.

I am going to have to give myself a kick in the kiester. Time to get over the gloomys. This is a time to enjoy and celebrate. I need to remind myself of all the good things that I have.

So here goes: My Happy List

I have a warm and comfy home.
I have a wonderful Boyfriend who cares about me.
My Children are healthy and (usually?) happy.
My car runs and has a new muffler (ah the peaceful hum of the engine is sweet).
My parents are coming from MN to spend part of the X-mas holiday with us.

Hmmmmmm...This should not be so hard! I will need to start posting some happy thoughts. I am going to shoot for one happy post each day for one week. It is a beginning that I hope will lead me to a happier place before the real holiday hits me.

I sound so whiney. Ah well...I am determined to turn over a new leaf and be more positive.

Merry Meet

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment