"Great minds discuss ideas;
average minds discuss events;
small minds discuss people."
Eleanor Roosevelt

January 9, 2011

just another day

There are no pics here because my old computer is no longer...I need to get all my pics off it and as of right now I have no way to upload any pics. You will have to use your imagination to "see".

It is another snowy day here in Upstate New York. After a few days of sunshine the gray skies have returned. I enjoy the snow for the most part, just not the having to move it. LOL

With the kids off to their father's for the weekend, snow removal is up to the SM and me. So we bundled up and headed out to shovel. It isn't to bad if we keep up on it; however, it seems to fall faster than we can shovel. It is not so bad for me and the SM; poor Jack (our teacup Yorkie...all 3lbs of him) is struggling to make his way through the snow to do his business. He is not all that fond of the snow. I have to giggle when I see him out in it looking for a place to do his business. His favorite thing to do when it snows is to find a tire track or some footprints and follow them for a bit.

Nose down and meandering through the tracks he finally decides that he will just have to do his business as best as possible in the adverse conditions. He returns to the house looking decidely dejected and much more white (the snow loves sticking to his coat). At the door his yelp signals me to open the door and admit him to the house. His little body is looking a bit plumper, from the covering of snow, but only for a moment. His whole body is a blur as he goes into a frensy of shaking to rid himself of the snow covering.

Snow scatters through the porch and he has to check out the mess that he has made. After a few sniffs he is finished and lets me know that he is ready to enter the house. As soon as the door is opened he madly dashes into the familyroom and jumps up into the SM's lap. They have a quick conversation about how mean I have been to send him out into the snow. Gotta love that the dog favors the SM over me...probably because "mommy" is the one that usually puts him out to do his business.  Gotta love it!!! LOL

I do hope that you all have a lovely day. Stay warm and cozy...that's my plan for the day...knitting a scarf and finishing some xmas ornies that I started. I think that I will be putting them away after today, finished or not. Time to start someting to brighten my gray days.

Peace,
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment