"Great minds discuss ideas;
average minds discuss events;
small minds discuss people."
Eleanor Roosevelt

January 2, 2012

Happy 2012, a finish and winter blooms

I want to wish everyone a grand and wonderful 2012.

I have not posted in a long time. I have however finished one very special cross stitch project. I can now show it here since I was finally able to gift it to my Sweetie's mom.

I finished "Celtic Noel" designed by Lavander and Lace. I'm not sure of the kind of linenbut it was a 40 count. I stitched it 2 over 2, except the face and hands which I stitched 1 over 1.

I started the cross stitch in July 2011 and finished it the last week of September 2011.

I added the border and bias buinding and maded it into a quilted wall hanging.

I truely enjoyed the stitching of this!


I was pleased and excited to find my Christmas Cactus in bloom this year. Only a few blooms but more than it has ever had before. I love how they look. in bloom!! I hope they will bloom again for me.

I always loved my grand mother's Christmas Cactus. Every year it would be filled with blooms.

Having mine bloom brought back memories of family gatherings at my grandparents home for Thanksgiving or Christmas. The whole family would gather there (well, at least as many as possible). Aunts, Uncles and Cousins, all crammed into my grand parents home. We had anywhere between 20 and 30 people there.

We always had good times when the family got together. I miss those gatherings! At times i really regret the miles that seperate me from the closeness of my family, mostly at the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment